Wednesday, October 6, 2010

MAC Lipstick in Lustering and Faux


Highly wearable colors


Two pretty shades

Swatch swab

Faux up close, nice pale pink nude shade *pardon the allergy*

    The MAC Faux lippie is one of those nude pink colors that doesn't look dead on me. Which is quite rare since I almost always end up looking sickly with anything lighter than my normal lip color. The muted pinkish mauve hue looks quite natural and pretty IRL! The coverage is good and it evens out my lip tone. The only downside for me is that I find the satin formulation a bit drying. It chaps my lips after awhile. Which i fix by applying balm beforehand or topping it off with a gloss.

    This shade looks great with smokey eyes or deeper more dramatic eyeshadows. Yet it can also look good with neutral and pastel shades. It is one of those versatile lip colors that matches different makeup looks. I don't think this shade will suit everyone though, those with fairer and paler complexions would benefit more with this hue. Although Faux is not my favorite lippie, it is a nice staple in my lipstick collection. My go to color when I need something nude.        

Lustering close up shot, has that bright rosy pink color    

   The MAC Lustering lippie is the complete opposite of Faux. It's on the other end of the spectrum with its vibrant and vivid hue. I love how it instantly perks up my face with its flattering summery tone. It is highly buildable so you can layer and adjust the intensity of the color according to your taste. The hot pink shade is definitely not the cheap type. It is not something you will shy away from because it is the toned down fuchsia/pink/watermelon variety. Which is great for everyday use. The lustre formulation feels creamy and moist on my lips. And i dont see the need for additional lipgloss anymore as this thing alone does the job. It also lasted for several hours. Hmmm... I think this color will look good on any skin color. It has that universal appeal, seems very complexion-of-all kinds friendly!

   Normally when I wear this I try to make my eye color as simple and as subtle as possible. I let my lips take the center stage. Beiges, taupes and shells goes well with it. Sometimes I don't even wear eyeshadow anymore. I just line my eyes with kohl, layer on mascara, brush some blush and that's it! Good to GO. Happy to face the world again! I def fancy this lip color.

Thats all folks!

  Thanks for dropping by again ladies. I love buying, reviewing, posting and sharing things you might enjoy. There's a lot more to come! See you all again... Hugs! :-)  

              Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profile

                                                  Sneak peak of my recent Kiehl's hauls...

8 comments:

Toni Tralala said...

I like the lustering one. :) What allergy are you talking about? There's no allergy! :P

Miss Krimson said...

very nice colours on you..... oOh kiehls haul :D
Maricela
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ... vividfusion.blogspot.com ....Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Emmaleigh said...

I love the 2nd one, Lustering :D damn! I hate being broke, darn those bills haha

I agree, sometimes all you need is one lipstick to give people the "attitude". I mean, if you're not really that good in applying makeup, & don't know which shade will go best with this kind of lip colour, you'll ruin the whole look! so yeah, sometimes an eyeliner, mascara and lil blush is all you need.

Pammy said...

Both are really pretty colours! But I like the Lustering one better. It has a certain oomph in it! :P

Cindy Ellison said...

Very good photos, your lips look beautiful in both shades. I lean a little toward the Faux as my favorite color. (I even put on my lipstick when I walk in the dark mornings at 5:30 AM...just a habit.) :-)

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

those are beautiful colours!

Unknown said...

Im a big fan of the lustering one!
Not tried the other one as yet- i may just have to indulge. xx

MINAKICHU said...

Thanks for the nice comments, appreciate it:-)