Friday, May 14, 2010

My 7-Days Cabbage Soup Diet Experience

cabbage







   I wanna commemorate one year of succesful weight loss with this wonderful diet. I remember it was exactly around this time last year when I tried this cabbage soup diet. It was out of sheer desperation. I got so depressed when I gained 30 freaking pounds in just a span of 4 months. And all by endless eating of unhealthy junks at unholy hours. Imagine munching on pasta, pizza, and McDonalds every night before going to sleep for 120 consecutive nights and you'll get the picture.
Free Stock Photo: Illustration of a pig and pig out text.
Fats,flabs, and more fats. I became too complacent that I never thought my bingeing would one day take its toll.

   For someone who's not used to being fat, 30 pounds and clothes that doesnt fit equals a nightmarish existence. As what i wrote in my previous post, i lost my self-confidence. I hated going out. I felt unattractive and literally became a hermit. Each remark about my weight gain felt like a dagger being twisted in my heart. I terribly missed my cheekbones, flat abs and tight butt. Haha!      

Here's the recipe...

Ingredients:
•1 head cabbage, shredded or chopped
•2 large onions chopped
•16-28 ounces canned tomatoes, chopped
•2 green peppers
•1-2 package Lipton onion soup( in my case I used knorr chicken/beef cubes)
•black pepper
•any fresh herbs of your choice,chopped
•6 carrots sliced
•1/2 pound green beans, sliced on diagonal
•1/2 cup balsamic vinegar(optional)

   Put all vegetables in a big pot and cover with water. Bring to boil, stir in the soup mix(if desired), and boil gently for 10 minutes. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until all the vegetables are soft. Stir in the black pepper and chopped herbs.

* Eat as much as you like, as often as you like. Drink as much water as you like and non-caloric beverages including coffee, tea and herbed teas.

Here's what else you can eat and when:

DAY1: All fruits except bananas
DAY2: All vegetables, raw or cooked
This includes baked potato with a little butter
DAY3: Fruits and vegetables but no potatoes or bananas
DAY4: Bananas and skim milk--eat as many as 8 bananas and drink as many as 8 glasses of skim milk
DAY5: Beef, skinless chicken and or fish--as much as 20 ounces, total. You can also eat 6 tomatoes. And you must drink 8 glasses of water. Don't forget at least one bowl of soup.
DAY6: Beef, skinless chicken, or fish and vegetables. Drink 8 glasses of water and eat at least one bowl of soup.
DAY7: Brown rice, vegetables and fruit juice

Note:
=drink multivitamins
=do not exceed period of seven days
=no cheating...hehe!
      
   This diet is not for the fainthearted, weak-spirited and lazy individuals. It is for those who are totally serious about losing weight. You should have that fiery and burning desire to shed those extra pounds as it involves a great deal of sacrifice and strong-will.

   Eating cabbage soup for seven days may sound easy, but is quite torturous while you're at it. At first I found it yummy and filling. The soup was tasty enough to satisfy my cravings. But on the second, third and fourth day it started to taste so bland and blah! No amount of fruits and vegetables compensated my urge to eat anything that has a semblance with 'real food'. I kept salivating over commercials featuring mouthwatering dishes. I felt weak, shaky and grouchy. I just looked at my tiny clothes to have that fierce determination and busied myself with other things. On the 5th day I was finally allowed some meat. I devoured each morsel like crazy. Each bite was heaven! I also started to notice that I'm losing weight. I think it's more of water weight as I've been constantly going to the loo. But irregardless i felt happy and lighter.

   The cabbage soup diet is more of a detox. A precursor to having a healthy lifestyle. When I finished the diet I stopped eating like a pig. I assume that my tummy have adjusted to smaller food intake. I continued to eat lesser and lesser. My clothes size were also dropping. Unbelievably I lost those 30 damn pounds! and until now i'm maintaining my weight. I'm back to my ideal 118 pounds. I've never looked back since then. The diet jumpstarted a totally new eating habit and I've never looked back eversince.

  Im a happy girl again and everytime I look back at those 2 fat months I can't help but smile coz I emerged victorious. Bye bye flabs and hello to a slimmer and sexier me again. Whenever those people who saw me at my heaviest asked me what I did I never fail to share this secret. In fact I just repeat the 7 days diet whenever I feel I'm gaining weight again.There's really no such thing as overnight miracle, only a well-balanced, controlled and healthy meal is the answer to this dilemma that has been plaguing millions of people. A little sacrifice and willpower will really go a long long way. So if you find yourself stucked in the same old rut where I've been, the 7 days cabbage soup diet might just be the answer to all your prayers. It's so effective and it really worked for me! Trust me, I've been to the other side of the pig fence and I know how it feels like. So grab yourself some cabbages and let the wonder begin!

GlitterKiss.com - Custom Glitter Graphics Generators and more..
    

No comments: